Work for us
Our vision is to change 1 billion lives for good through the power of geography. Come join us!
So you’re interested in becoming an Orbican. Sweet!
There’s seldom a dull day working here, what with all the conjuring up of sparkly new solutions and unearthing ways to do the impossible. Plus, we offer a good supply of chocolate biscuits (and a fruit basket for the health-nuts) to get you through those 3pm slumps.
We also take professional development pretty seriously and support our Orbicans to shoot for the stars.
Check out below for any positions we currently have advertised. Or if, like Liam Neeson, you’ve got “a very special set of skills” that don’t match positions listed, feel free to send us an email with your CV.
Business Development Manager - Auckland
Orbica is a specialist digital geography company that develops innovative, cross-industry location data solutions, services, and products. We pride ourselves on being pioneers of the location data frontier and our purpose is to enhance billions of lives through the power of geography – no small feat. Orbica has offices in New Zealand and Germany and as geographers like to do, we work internationally.
We’re a tight-knit team that thrive on exploring unknown technological territories using open source and proprietary software, with a primary focus on extracting value from data and smart visualisation in engaging and powerful mediums. If you like a fun, collaborative work environment, as well as opportunities to develop your career and table tennis skills, Orbica is the fit for you. We have a plethora of super cool projects behind us: we’re spearheading artificial intelligence, satellite technology and data visualisation in the location data context.
About your role
Orbica is looking for a Business Development Manager based in Auckland to work with the wider team delivering geospatial solutions. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
• Develop Orbica’s customer portfolio in the Auckland region
• Lead the consultative sales process from lead generation to contract and account management
• Contacting potential clients to establish relationships and arrange meetings
• Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
• Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities
• Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
• Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
• Manage client relationships and ensure that Orbica can support our clients and deliver industry-leading, high-quality projects
• Seal the deal
About your skills
- Experience in B2B and technology solution sales
- Geospatial technology knowledge is ideal; an IT/software background is also highly valued
- Sales process and CRM
- Existing network within the Auckland region
- Driven to grow and succeed
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
We would prefer our BDM to be experienced in geospatial technology sales or similar and have a minimum of 5-years’ relevant sales experience.
We will assess all applications holistically, so none of these requirements are set in stone. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Orbican, apply.
If you’re our new BDM, tell us why: email us your CV or get in touch with Delphine.